Saturday, June 12, 2010

Some more info

Hey guys

I guess this canceled flight has definitely been a blessing because it's given me a chance to organize and figure out my eating situation for the week. For people that have done P90X before, you know that Tony Horton has put together a nutrition guide with a meal plan and recipes for people that don't want to pick and choose or who can't cook very well (me). I thought, yeah this is definitely for me! Then I tried to put together my grocery list and well....that's going to be a little too expensive for me. Now, in this nutrition guide there is also an approved food list which allows you to mix and match as long as you stay within your servings (more on that in a second). From that list I have put together my meals for the following week so I feel very productive!

Ok back to servings. Just for anyone who is interested, when you start P90X, they have you calculate your nutrition level by finding your resting metabolic rate (RMR) and Daily activity burn, which are used to find your energy amount. From that amount you are put into one of three categories LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2, LEVEL 3. I happen to be LEVEL 2 which then corresponds to how many calories I am to eat every day. 2,400 calories is my magic number!

So, when I get to Pittsburgh tomorrow it'll be off the grocery store! More on the diet tomorrow!



Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment