Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 1 BRING IT

Alright guys.....today was the day to start my workout program. I woke up this morning and fixed a protein shake for breakfast with skim milk and half a banana. I then proceeded to rehearsal where I had my butt handed to me. I don't think I have ever sweat so much in a very long time and I felt like that was a workout all in itself! For lunch I had a Subway Turkey salad with green peppers and tomatoes with fat free ranch dressing. When I arrived home I had my snack which consisted of 25 almonds or approximately 1oz worth. Then it was time........

First thing is first, my BEFORE pictures. I took them this morning before rehearsal. I look skinny but not defined AT ALL (unless you count my farmers tan). I plan on posting progress pictures every Monday.












Now to the workout! Here is what I did...

CHEST AND BACK

Push Ups

Standard 12, 12
Military 12, 10
Wide 12, 12
Decline 12, 12
Diamond 7, 7
Dive Bomb 7, 6

Pull Ups (I used bands instead of pull up bar for experimental purposes)

Wide Front 12 (Red and Blue Bands), 12 (Red and Blue Bands)
Reverse Grip 12 (Red and Blue Bands), 12 (Red and Blue Bands)
Close Grip 12 (Red and Blue Bands), 12 (Red and Blue Bands)


Heavy Pants 12 (Red Band), 13 (Red Band)
Lawnmowers 13 (Red Band), 15 (Red Band)
Back Flys 10 (Red Band), 15 (Red Band)


I felt fairly good about my workout today. These numbers are higher than the first two times I started P90X so that is encouraging. However, I am definitely out of shape. I was completely exhausted by the end of this workout. Looking to improve that in the weeks ahead.


Dinner consisted of chicken breast, peas, milk, and a whole wheat bagel. Then came AB Ripper X. That sucked. Enough said.

Overall a good day. I am going to sleep WELL tonight!




Ian





No comments:

Post a Comment