Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 2 or what I like to call "The Things I Do to Make Me Skinny"

I'm hurting. A lot. Half of it has to do with P90X, the other... half rehearsals for Curtains. My body and mind are just completely exhausted and yet I come to day 2. The things I do to make me skinny.....

Breakfast consisted of another Protein shake with skim milk and a banana. I'm finding that this low carb/ high protein diet is definitely wiping any form of energy I have. What I wouldn't give for a sugary soda and some bread...lots and lots of bread. Rehearsal again kicked my butt. Like hard core this time...something to do with dancing for 6 hours straight today. More about this in a second. Lunch was a homemade salad with tomatoes and non fat ranch dressing with some shredded low fat cheddar cheese. I forgot to add turkey and ham to this so I was a little disappointed. My snack after rehearsal consisted again of 25 almonds and then it was time to work out. Plyometrics day......kill me. Ok so back to earlier and my day full of dancing. Since I danced for 6 hours straight and since Plyo is cardio and leg work mostly (which is what I had been doing all day) I came to the conclusion that I had already had a very good workout for the day and to go as far I my body would let me in Plyo before it shut down. So I got through half of the workout before my body told me to stop or I would die. Again, no carbs suck. I have a feeling had my food intake consisted of some form of carbs, I might have been able to do more. However, this portion of P90X is to burn fat while building muscle so low carb/high protein it is.

Dinner consisted of 8oz of turkey and ham (4and4) combined in a sandwich on a whole wheat bagel with 1 1/2 oz of honey mustard as my dressing. I also had 1 cup of peas and a glass of skim milk.

I have started noticing after starting this workout, that I am consuming more and more water on a daily basis. I'm well over 8 glasses a day now because of the amount of exercising I'm doing. I'm not complaining because it is sure better than a sugary soda......I have to keep telling myself that :)


Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment