Friday, June 11, 2010

Day -1

Hi.

My name is Ian Gibb. "Hi Ian." I used to be overweight. (Applause) Ok, maybe not missy moo moo, fat sack of fat overweight, but let's just say 20 pounds on the wrong side of the scale. I mean, I love eating! and until the age of 19 I was a bottomless pit thanks to my ridiculous metabolism. Of course that stopped sophomore year of college.....alcohol didn't help either

In September of 2009, I decided to do something about it. In comes P90X. I dropped the 20 pounds in 3 months. Yay. Then I stopped for a month. Boo. Then I started it again for a month and lost another 5 pounds. Yay. Then I stopped again. Boo. Well third times a charm right!? Yay! This time around I have new goals and they don't have to do with losing weight. I actually want to GAIN weight...not fat....but MUSCLE! So hear is what I am doing. I am going to follow P90X to the T. That means 90 days of workouts NO BREAKS, following the nutrition guide and making the recommended food (that should be interesting since I don't cook), and taking supplements and protein to help my cause.

I have always had a workout partner to hold myself accountable but since I don't have one in Pittsburgh where I am currently working, I thought this blog would do the trick. I get you fine people telling me I'm fat to really keep me motivated! As a bonus for coming with me on this journey, you get some wonderful gifts. Yep, pictures of my struggles and flabbiness, maybe some videos here and there of me puking my guts out, but most importantly seeing me evolve into (insert ridiculously ripped move star from Hollywood here). So don't give up on me people, and I sure won't give up on you!


This Sunday is Day 1 so make sure to stop by for the latest information including my "BEFORE" picture. I'll try not to blind you with my porcelain white skin that I'm rocking these days....




Ian

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could do it with you! You will be my inspiration and motivation! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop being such a working actor and spend some time in NYC actually and I'd LOVE to work out with you. I need a motivator... cause lord knows I can't do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still curious as to whether losing weight helps high d's...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I think you could go about this in a less Fad workout routine, I support you and your acceptance of your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mentioning the fact that you can belt D's is completely unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete